2013年9月20日星期五

"i Can't Drive... Fifty-five!" Or... Don't Buy A Computer With Vista

As Sammy Hagar said in one of his songs, "I can't drive... Fifty-Five!"

So... Would You Buy a Car That Will Only Go 55 Miles an Hour?

The other day I bought some software that lets you mix some wav files together along with your voice and create a new recording. Problem is, my new computer will not record the output. It's a Dell, but before you start dissing the brand, know it is a problem with HP, SONY, Gateway, fill in the brand name here. As long as the computer is running MICROSOFT VISTA, you WILL have problems.

I have literally spent many hours trying to find a solution to this, and after downloading and rebooting my computer countless times, I am still not one inch closer to being able to record the output of my sound card. Which is something easily done in all the Windows products before it.

Like many before me, I bought my computer last year to replace my aging desktop. I decided a nice laptop (notebook) would be a nice way to go, so I could move around with it. My philosophy is to buy the biggest, baddest one can afford and your computer dollars will go farther. So I bought a big, bad and expensive laptop. Along with Vista Ultimate. Of course, I didn't have a choice to put XP on it, but that wasn't really a consideration. The way manufactures work is that they almost force their latest product on you, whether you want them or not. And since I work in the computer industry, I understand trying to keep current.

My Bad.

In layman's terms, Microsoft Vista is like buying a car where the manufacturer has "decided" for you, that you do not need to drive your new car over 55 miles per hour (88.5 KPH) for any reason. Further more, you should not be able to even look under the hood of the car you just spent major money to purchase.

Well, "I'm Mad As Hell, And I'm NOT Going To Take It Any More..."

I guess someone already beat me to that line, but maybe that's what a lot of consumers should consider before buying a new computer. If you are wanting to buy a Dell, then you can still get XP loaded on many of the "business" class computers, either Desktop or laptop (notebook)

XP Pro was a real nice OS that some came to love/hate with a passion, but at least you could get it to work. And, you could do so without some manufacturer hiding and imposing roadblocks in every path along your way. Looks like a GREAT problem looking for a Class-Action law suit, if you ask me? But, Microsoft is used to that kind of stuff, huh?

But Hey... Something needs to be done. Microsoft along with many other software vendors seem to think THEY know what's right for all the rest of us. And That just AIN'T right.

Apple and Linux are real contenders now days, but we all know the mainstream will still stay with Google, er... I mean Microsoft. oops... hehe

You got to do what you got to do. I would just say, that you should consider staying with XP if you are looking to buy a new PC computer. At least for now.

Well, lets see what Windows 7 has to offer...
Links:
Smart High CPU Usage Fixer is basically a computer program intended to help you maintain the optimum performance of your computer system, primarily through monitoring and repairing faults in your registry system, increasing the rate and optimizing the settings of your operating system. In addition to its general abilities to fix High CPU Usage, Smart High CPU Usage Fixer can also speed up your computer performance, deal with specific technical areas of your computer system, safeguarding them from unwanted errors or manipulating your system to let your computer operate on its full abilities. What makes it a hit in the industry of computer is the fact that it can save a lot of people from the pricey cost of computer and operating system repairs. Using High CPU Usage Fixer to keep your PC from errors, you conveniently save your computer system from breaking down and losing significant files.

At presentHow to recover pictures from sd card is a normal topic on some photography forums. Some photographers took photos and then deleted accidentally. These lost pictures are so important for them, so they have to discover an efficient way to recover the lost digital pictures. But how to retrieve these pictures is a great task for card users. Digital Pictures Recovery Pro can recover missing, deleted or corrupted digital pictures from your SD card or hard disk. With the scanning of selected storage device, it provides the list of all the photos and other multimedia files. Digital Pictures Recovery Pro v2.6 will display an easy way for you to recover the lots photos. SD card photo recovery process will help you get the missing pictures as soon as possible. All in all, Digital Pictures Recovery will help you recover lost photos with ease.

HP PRINTER REPAIR SERVICE
Christianity Articles - Is Christian Counselling Effective in Helping Couples
Mobile apps and solutions are for all
Find Out About First Aid Kits
Avoid Data Center Disaster - Choose A Good Backup Software

没有评论:

发表评论